Mostly, time and fresh air will be the ultimate healer, but here are a few things you can do to lessen the smell:
- Replace the hair. When hair is damaged enough to have such a horrible smell, it often will not come out. Try washing it first, and if it is still bad, its better to just replace it.
- Soak the troll in efferdent tablets overnight. They smell minty fresh in the morning.
- Bury the troll (sans hair is best) in clean kitty litter, and leave for a while. One Damthings member left hers for a month, and he came out much refreshed.
- Stuff the troll full of febreeze. You have to remove the hair in order to access the inner cavity. This helps to a lesser degree, but any little bit helps!
- Bleach the troll (sans hair).
- Boil the troll in RIT dye (though only if you want to change the color of the troll).